Suppose you want a asset URL like
Which is actually hosted with Amazon S3, so when someone types a URL like above they are shown the file as if its hosted on your server
1. Create an account with amazon aws.
2. Get your access key, secret key from the account link in amazon control panel
3. Install firefox extension called s3 organizer(https://addons.
4. Create a bucket named assets.mydomain.com
5. Go to your DNS records (with your hosting company) where you can add CNAME record and add
Data(or value in some places):
There is only a single Dot at the end of above
It should be something like
Upload an image in your s3 bucket using s3 organizer. Right click on bucket and make the contents visible to everyone.
Now wait for 10 hours or so.
When you request a file at assets.mydomain.com/pictu
your request will be forwarded to amazon s3 at
Note: the name field in CNAME record has to be just assets and not